Chinese Restaurant Manager
From $4000 - To $5000 Per Month
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
No of Jobs
[Phnom Penh,Cambodia ]
• Assists to ensure that the Food and Beverage activities are aligned with the respective corporate
strategy, and that the hotel actions have been implemented where appropriate.
• Oversees the preparation and update of individual departmental operations manuals.
• Conducts regular divisional communications meetings and ensure that departmental briefings and
meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
• Ensures that all associates deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at at
• Ensures that associates also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as
• Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner,
following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
• Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
• Establishes a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationships.
• Personally, and frequently verifies that guests in the Outlet are receiving the best possible service.
• Spends time in the Outlet (during peak periods) to ensure that the Outlet is managed well by the
respective associates and functions to the fullest expectations.
• Maximizes associate productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible
scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
• Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll
costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all
• Ensures that the outlet is operated in line with maximizing profit while delivering on the brand
• Achieves the monthly and annual personal target and the outlet’s revenue.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual business plan for Food and Beverage.
• Assists in the monthly re-forecasting, involves the respective heads of department as appropriate.
• Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record
keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of
• Assists in the inventory management and ongoing maintenance of hotel operating equipment and
• Manages costs proactively based on key performance indicators, works with the respective heads of
department as appropriate.
• Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work
out of the system.
• Prepares with the Outlet team, a yearly marketing plan which is the basis of the Food and Beverage
annual marketing plan.
• Evaluates local, national and international market trends, vendors and other hotel/restaurant
constantly to make sure that the hotel’s operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
• Continuously seeks Marketing and Public Relations opportunities to increase awareness and
• Ensures that minimum brand standards have been implemented.
• Ensures that all Food and Beverage Essentials are implemented.
• Responds to the results of the consumer audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
• Works closely with other Outlet Managers in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the
overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
• Ensures that Food and Beverage associates work in a supportive and flexible manner with other
departments, in a spirit of “We work through Teams”.
• Tastes and monitors the food and beverage products served throughout the operation, provides
feedback where appropriate.
• Monitors service and food and beverage standards in the Outlet. Work with the Assistant Outlet
Managers, Executive Sous Chefs and Chef de Cuisines to take corrective actions where necessary.
• Conducts frequent and thorough inspections together with the Executive Sous Chef, of the Food and
• Frequently verifies that only fresh products are used in food and beverage preparation.
• Assists the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chefs with creative suggestions and ideas.
• Conducts monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
• Liaises with the kitchen and beverage department on daily operations and quality control.
• Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items in the menu and the
ability to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and upsell alternatives.
• Ensures that the outlet is kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house.
• Liaises and organizes with Housekeeping Department that the established cleaning schedules are
strictly adhered to.
• Makes sure that all areas are well maintained and involves the respective source to fix any
broken/not working tools or fixtures.
• Oversees and assists in the recruitment and selection of all Food and Beverage associates. Adheres to
hotel guidelines when recruiting and uses a competency-based approach to selecting associates.
• Oversees the punctuality and appearance of all Food and Beverage associates, making sure that they
wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according
to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
• Maximizes the effectiveness of associates by developing each of their skills and abilities through the
appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
• Conducts annual performance development discussions with associates and to support them in their
professional development goals.
• Assists in the development of Departmental Trainers through ongoing feedback and monthly
• Plans and implements effective training programs for associates in coordination with the Training
Manager and Departmental Trainers.
• Oversees the preparation and posting of weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect
business needs and other key performance indicators.
• Establishes an Annual Leave plan and well controls the numbers of PH and AL accumulating based
on HR policies/labor law
• Encourages associates to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognizing them for their
contribution to the success of the operation.
• Supports the implementation of WWW, demonstrating and reinforcing
Values and Culture Characteristics
• Ensures that all associates have a complete understanding of and adhere to associate rules and
• Ensures that associates follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to
fire and hazard safety, and security.
• Feedbacks the results of the Associate Engagement Survey and ensures that the relevant changes are
• Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in associate and industrial relations.
• Exercises responsible management and behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel
management team and Rosewood Hotels & Resorts.
• Understands and strictly adheres to rules and regulations established in the associate handbook and
the hotel's policies concerning fire, hygiene, health and safety.
• Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
• Maintains strong, professional relationships with relevant representatives from competitor hotels,
business partners and other organizations.
• Responds to changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and
• Attends training sessions and meetings as and when required.
• Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Is a “brand ambassador” at all times and ensures brand integrity and clarity are always maintained.
• Models the company’s culture, vision, mission and core values at all times.
• Reports any operational/financial/HR related deviations in a timely manner to his/her supervisor.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this
company reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when business need dictates.